Intern Core Tech Programmer
Role and personal skills
d3t Ltd, a growing gaming specialist, have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious intern to join their growing team based in Runcorn. Be prepared to be challenged daily on incredibly varied projects.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels.
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility.
- A desire to learn new skills and programming languages.
- A can-do attitude, with good perseverance and self-motivation.
- Enthusiastic about games.
- Demonstrable programming ability in at least 1 programming language (C++/C#/Java/etc).
- A technical bias, with an interest in getting stuck-in to difficult problems every day.
- A working understanding of object-oriented development.
- Experience working in multiple programming languages.
- Experience working with game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
The first hour of your day might be spent looking at code reviews submitted by other team members. You could then spend the rest of the morning working on a tool you’ve been developing which communicates via HTTP to a game title we’re involved with. Before your lunch, you might submit your code for review. Your afternoon could be spent working on a different project you have on the go – helping to port a PC title to console. You could be involved with all aspects of this port, including networking, rendering, input, console OS etc. You’d be reporting to a more senior programmer who is on-hand to offer advice and help when you’re stuck.
Timescale for commencing role
Within the next 12 months.
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org