d3t is at the cutting edge of technology, delivering work-for-hire video game development services to our triple-A clients. As a successful and growing business based in Daresbury, Cheshire, we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals. We offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment.
- Accurately follow a pre-defined art style or concept to produce high quality, believable characters.
- Create characters and creatures in varying art styles, both low and high poly, including making heads, faces, clothing and hair.
- Produce character models that are anatomically correct and are full of life and personality.
- Create clean and efficient topology ready for skinning for animation and author well laid out textures.
- Work alongside art leads to set the standard and to ensure consistency between initial vision and final assets.
- Ensure work hits all memory and frame rate guides and adheres to project guidelines in terms of naming conventions etc.
- Adhere to schedules and promptly feedback any concerns regarding all aspects of the project.
- Attend regular reviews of artwork and both give and receive feedback.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the art team.
- Mentor Junior Character Artists if required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent artistic ability, strong organic modelling skills and in-depth anatomical knowledge.
- In depth understanding of current gen skin and hair shaders and ability to accurately capture facial subtleties.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D software packages (Maya/3DS Max, Z-Brush/Mudbox, Substance, Photoshop).
- Good understanding of various tools and game engines used in current gen development.
- Desirable to have experience in real time hair, Marvellous Designer, cloth simulation set up and blendshape creation workflows.
- Good communication and organisation skills and confident working within a multidisciplinary art team.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change and to take art direction effectively, understanding that amendments are part of the pipeline.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks.
- Experience of working within game development for at least 3 years with at least 2 published titles.
- Up-to-date experience and knowledge of current gen console game development processes, practices and terminology.
Managing Relationships and Team Working
- Builds strong int/ext relationships
- Actively participates in team working
- Builds bridges where none existed
- Treats others with courtesy.
Drive for Results
- Has a can-do attitude
- Delivers ahead of expectations
- Takes ownership & accountability
- Puts in sustained effort.
Resilience and Flexibility
- Positively embraces new ways of working
- Challenges status quo
- Is consistently positive.
Planning and Organising
- Keeps track of own workload & makes effective use of own time
- Keeps appropriate people well informed of plans, progress, etc.
Analytical and Creative Thinking
- Simplifies problems into parts
- Identifies key data needed to support decision
- Sees range of potential applications.
Communication / Influencing and Persuading
- Speaks & writes clearly & concisely
- Able to present opinions to peers
- Uses appropriate body language
- Proactive communication.
Orientation to Learn
- Vigorously pursues own development
- Always willing to accept new, or extra work to stretch abilities
- Mentors/coaches less experienced.
Managing People and Developing Others
- Sets clear expectations & provides regular feedback
- Discusses potential and career dev
- Understands what motivates team.
JOIN d3t – A WORLD LEADING WORK-FOR-HIRE VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT SERVICES PROVIDER – AND PLAY YOUR PART IN SUPPLYING OUR A-LIST CLIENTS WITH TECHNICAL SUPERIORITY AND COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.