d3t are a successful and growing video game specialist. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic DevOps Programmer to join our growing team based near Runcorn, Cheshire. We are part of the global Keywords Studio group and offer ‘work-for-hire’ software development services to the games industry. We work with high-profile clients on amazing game titles and look for the best talent out there in the industry to join our team.
We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz. Our studio offers a professional, fun and supportive working and culture.
THE ROLE – DEVOPS PROGRAMMER
As a result of d3t’s continued success and growth we are looking at expanding our team. Working closely with all departments in the studio, the focus of the DevOps Programmer role will be on bringing efficiency to our processes and improving workflows for all roles. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in AAA game development, being an instrumental part of the growing team. At d3t, we aim to develop tailored solutions to our own processes wherever possible, making sure we have the best possible tools to support our team. The DevOps Programmer role will be central to this internal development. In a typical day at d3t you will be involved in:
- A variety of internal projects; from working on our operations software to developing our continuous integration systems, asset pipeline tools and even in-house game libraries.
- Building tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve the Development Staff experience.
- Implementing tools and integrations requested by the wider development team.
- Developing and maintaining software to integrate with internal back-end systems.
- Investigating and resolving technical issues.
- Deploying updates and fixes to internal software.
- Developing scripts to automate development and processes.
- Designing procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of C#, C++ and web languages.
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Knowledge of web technologies and processes.
- Knowledge of Version Control Software, especially Perforce.
- Work experience as a DevOps Programmer or similar software engineering role.
- Knowledge of ASP.NET/EF development.
- Knowledge of other programming and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of game development principles is desirable as there will be opportunities to contribute on internal game tooling.
- Problem-solving and can-do attitude with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and show self-motivation, alongside a flexible approach to work.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t…
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Studio Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Branded Merchandise
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area.
APPLY NOW – SEND US YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER/PORTFOLIO.
Please note we are actively hiring through the Covid-19 pandemic. We have the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is safe to do so, we will be returning to the studio. This position will be studio based in Runcorn, Cheshire but with the potential option for continued working from home, dependent on client project requirements and business needs.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.