d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is growing, and we are now looking for a Engineering Manager to join the expanding Engineering Team. Our studio, part of the Keywords Studios group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
We are based near Runcorn in Cheshire and we offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz.
THE ROLE – ENGINEERING MANAGER
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to direct, plan, and coordinates activities, as well as spending time supervising employees within the Engineering Department. The Engineering Manager will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
- Developing the Engineering Department and its employees
- Solving personnel problems through HR and Line Management
- Undertaking employee recruitment – including reviewing CV’s, evaluating and uploading programming tests and conducting interviews
- Working to retain our existing team of talented engineers
- Advising, assisting and supporting Line Managers
- Basic knowledge of a programming language (e.g., C++, C# Python, etc.)
- A problem-solving attitude
- Great team spirit
- Experience in the organisation of large teams
- Good organisational skills
- Great communications (both written and verbal)
- Experience in Line Management and/or Production
- Confident and positive attitude
- Ability to inspire and lead a talented team of engineers
- Knowledge of JIRA or other Product Management Software
- Has worked in or is working within the games industry
- Knowledge of Version Control Software, especially Perforce – Desirable but not essential
- Work experience as a Programmer or a similar software engineering role – Desirable but not essential
BENEFITS & PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t:
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences.
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area
APPLY NOW – SEND US YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER TO [email protected]
Please note we are actively hiring through the Covid-19 pandemic. Interviews will be held by video call. We have the majority of the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is safe to do so, we will be returning to the studio. This position will be studio based in Runcorn, Cheshire.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.