This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to pursue a career within IT support and to join an award-winning game development services provider. In addition to practical hands on work experience and study package, we are offering the chance to work closely alongside experienced professionals, in a fast paced and technically driven environment.
d3t is at the cutting edge of technology, delivering work-for-hire video game development services to our triple-A clients. Our successful team are growing and are now looking for an IT Apprentice to join the team. As our studio works on multiple projects at any one time, we offer variety and plenty of opportunity to use and develop your skills.
We are based near Runcorn, Cheshire and offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz
With the appropriate training, instruction and guidance, you will be working alongside our qualified professionals in Technical Support and will be involved in:
- Supporting desktop PC’s and laptops
- The installation of PC hardware
- Responding to helpdesk tickets in a timely manner
- Checking and maintaining computer hardware such as keyboards, mice etc.
- Installing, configuring and managing software and their functions according to specifications
- Developing and maintaining local networks
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Troubleshooting to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times internally
- Maintaining records/logs of repairs and fixes
- Maintaining hardware and software inventory
- Apprenticeship Qualification: Level 3 Infrastructure Technician (20% of time will be learning split between online learning and College based in Manchester). Hours of work are 37.5 per week.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The ideal candidate will have a passion for IT and be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A problem solver with the ability to think and work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills with an ability to prioritise
- A team player
- 5x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths and English.
BENEFITS & PERKS
We are offering an excellent salary and benefits package:
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Branded Merchandise
- Regular Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
APPLY NOW BY SENDING YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.