d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is growing, and we are now looking for a Lead Animator to join the expanding Art Team. Our studio, part of the Keywords Studios group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
We are based in Runcorn, Cheshire and offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz.
THE ROLE – LEAD ANIMATOR
The Lead Animator will be a key part of our growing Animation Team. It is very much a hands-on role, creating animations for our projects whilst also overseeing all d3t animation work, inspiring and motivating the team to create world-class animations. We work with very high-profile clients on amazing game titles and so the quality of the animations is critical to satisfying and retaining their loyalty.
- Responsible for leading the animation team to produce a high bar of craft excellence.
- Instigate regular reviews of animations and assist in both providing and implementing feedback, to ensure the highest quality.
- Be a role model, inspiring and motivating the animation team to create world-class animations.
- Lead by example, setting the animation technical best practices. Be the most knowledgeable within the animation team regarding a project’s pipeline, create concise documentation of all phases of the animation processes and keep them updated.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge, tutorials and tech guides with the animation team.
- Set folder structures and naming conventions and ensure the animation team adheres to them.
- Be proactive in anticipating and helping resolve technical issues and support the team with fixing bugs and finding solutions.
- Work with technical artists and engineers in the improvement and streamlining of tools and processes for increasing animation efficiency.
- Have full understanding of the scope and complexity of the animation, cutscene, rigging and skinning work required on each project.
- Work with production and leads to establish priority of work, create an Animation production plan and identify all dependencies. Provide reasonable time estimations, schedule the animators, assigning work according to skillsets and keep Jira updated.
- Communicate openly, providing regular and clear updates on animation progress and sign off. Promptly feedback concerns regarding any aspects of the project and advise the leads of resourcing concerns and productions risks.
- Establish processes for any outsourcing requirements, providing benchmark assets and documentation. Review the outsourced work and provide prompt and clear feedback and manage the implementation into game.
- Lead, mentor and manage animation team members, providing coaching and taking ownership of the development of the team.
- Demonstrate leadership skills of positivity, enthusiasm, leading by example, active listening, etc.
- Participate in interviews and be the front face of the animation team to clients.
- Lead, mentor and manage other animation team members, providing coaching and nurturing to encourage their continued growth.
- Carry out inductions and probationary reviews for new starters to ensure competence in the full range of tasks required in the role. Feedback to the art leadership regarding employee performance for all team members.
- A confident animation lead, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to articulate visual ideas with clarity and conviction and provide clear feedback and guidance to the other animators on the team.
- Excellent animation skills demonstrated through show reel.
- High proficiency in Maya/3DS Max, UE4/Unity, Excel and Jira.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Experience of mentoring and sharing technical knowledge with junior team members.
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks and good leadership skills of positivity, enthusiasm, leading by example & active listening.
- A collaborative team player with a professional, flexible and calm approach plus the ability to adapt with change.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills and the ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints.
- Passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques.
- Experience of working within game development for at least 4 years.
- At least four published titles.
- At least two full project cycles in a Senior Animation position.
- Proven background in outsource animation provision.
- Proven background of team leadership.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t:
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area.
APPLY NOW – SEND US YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER/PORTFOLIO TO [email protected].
Please note we are actively hiring through the Covid-19 pandemic. Interviews will be held by video call. We have the majority of the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is safe to do so, we will be returning to the studio. This position will be studio based in Runcorn, Cheshire.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.