d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is part of the Keywords Studios Group, and is continuing to grow as we work on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
We are based in Runcorn, Cheshire and offer an amazingly professional, fun, and supportive working environment. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz including for 2022.
THE ROLE - Lead Artist
d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is growing, and we are now looking for a Lead Artist to join the expanding Art Team. Our studio, part of the Keywords Studios group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
The Lead Artist is going to be a key part of our growing Art Team. This is very much a hands-on role. We work with very high-profile clients on amazing game titles and so the quality of our Artwork is critical to satisfying and retaining their loyalty.
- Have a full understanding of the scope and complexity of the artwork required on the project.
- Alongside production, help to establish priority of work, schedule the art workload, monitor output and promptly advise art leads and production of any resourcing concerns and risks.
- Have an awareness of the current status of all environment artwork on the project and communicate progress to the wider team.
- Help manage outsource artwork, including establishing the processes, documentation, all communication, feedback and implementation.
- Help to establish and promote processes and pipelines, define budgets and document best practices.
- Work with technical artists and engineers in the development and streamlining of tools and processes for increasing art efficiency.
- Create concise documentation of all aspects of the art pipeline processes and provide tutorials and technical guides to improve efficiency.
- Ensure all artwork adheres to guidelines regarding naming conventions, texture layering structures, folders etc.
- Support the team with resolving technical issues and fixing bugs.
- Ensure work meets all technical targets and frame rate restrictions, have an awareness of memory usage and champion optimisation and streamlined processes.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the art team, actively contributing fresh ideas and encouraging the team.
- Self driven, autonomous and confident, demonstrate responsibility for work quality and processes for both yourself and other members of the art team, inspire colleagues to flourish and help promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- Responsible with the Art Director in defining the visual style, setting the aesthetic benchmark and demonstrating a high bar of craft excellence.
- Lead by example to establish the quality targets, working alongside the team, creating artwork and assets to inspire and guide the other Artists.
- Instigate regular reviews of artwork and assist in both providing and implementing feedback, to manage quality and ensure look and feel is on target.
- Ensure all artists have the appropriate reference and resources to complete their tasks.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent artistic ability and meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in Maya/Max, Z-Brush, Photoshop and Substance suite, UE4/Unity 4, Excel and Jira.
- Good understanding of essential art principles; colour and lighting theory, composition and staging techniques.
- A confident Art Leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills, you have the ability to articulate visual ideas with clarity and conviction and provide clear feedback and guidance.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving and experience of mentoring and sharing technical knowledge with junior team members.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills of positivity, enthusiasm, leading by example and active listening.
- Be a collaborative team player, have a professional, flexible and calm approach and the ability to adapt with change.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills and the ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints.
- Passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A good understanding of lighting principles and post processes.
- Experience in outsource art provision.
- Proven background of team leadership.
- Experience of working within game development for at least 4 years.
- At least four published titles.
- At least two full project cycles in a Senior Art position.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t:
- 22 Days Holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Hours
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun, and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Employee Share Scheme
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Assistance and Support with Re-Location to the Area
APPLY NOW VIA THE BUTTON BELOW – IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES, PLEASE EMAIL: [email protected]
Please note we are actively hiring and interviews will be held by video call.
For this opportunity, we are ideally looking for candidates looking for a studio based or hybrid working arrangement (splitting time between the studio and working from home). We will consider fully remote workers too for this opportunity.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Not a problem – please apply. At d3t we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace and culture. If this opportunity excites you but your current skills or past experience don’t align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles within our team.
Apply NowInterested in joining our team? Click the button below to start your application.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.