d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is growing, and we are now looking for a Lead Designer to join the expanding Design Team. We can offer plenty of variety and involvement as our studio is part of the Keywords Studios Group and we work on multiple exciting projects at any one time.
We are based in Runcorn, Cheshire and offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are incredibly passionate about what we do. We pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work 2020’, in addition to other years, by gamesindustry.biz.
THE DAILY LIFE OF A LEAD DESIGNER
- Review and feedback latest build to ensure that it conforms with the design vision and the core mechanics of the game.
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members in order to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game.
- Lead the project by working alongside the design team, contributing to the game design and features to inspire and guide the other designers.
- Be part of the senior Design leadership; mentor others, bring your experience to bear, and help steer the department’s direction.
- Communicate with clients to ensure all parties have full awareness of current and projected objectives, difficulties and deadlines.
- Take part in discussions with prospective clients regarding potential projects.
- Liaise with the Production team to assess progress towards short- and long-term objectives.
- Liaise with other discipline leads and seniors to maintain awareness of progress and impediments.
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game meets expectations.
- Promoting and building a strong cooperative culture between disciplines.
- Participate in the selection, on-boarding and mentoring of team members.
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
- Carry out all other related tasks for the department.
- Possess an absolute passion for making games.
- Thrives as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations with a flexible and professional attitude.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Hungry to learn and expand your areas of expertise.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 6+ years in a Senior or Lead Designer role on at least two AAA titles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to organize and structure your own work and that of the team (follow ups, control, schedule).
- Mentoring and developing individuals within a team.
- Client focus (internal and external).
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience supervising a design team.
- Management and planning skills.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t:
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area.
APPLY NOW – SEND US YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER/PORTFOLIO TO [email protected].
Please note we are actively hiring through the Covid-19 pandemic. Interviews will be held by video call. We have the majority of the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is safe to do so, we will be returning to the studio. This position will be studio based in Runcorn, Cheshire.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.