THE d3t STUDIO
d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is part of the Keywords Studios Group, and is continuing to grow as we work on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
Our studio is based near Runcorn in Cheshire, and we offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are incredibly passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz including 2021 and 2022. In addition, we recently won ‘Best Creative Service Provider‘ at Develop 2022.
Projects that we have worked on include; Hogwarts Legacy, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Alan Wake Remastered, Mafia II: Definitive Edition, Assetto Corsa Competizione, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and more.
THE ROLE - Lead Programmer
The Lead Programmer is going to be a key part of our growing Programming Team. We work with very high-profile clients on amazing game titles and so the quality of the Programming is critical to satisfying and retaining their loyalty.
- Write, update and maintain new and existing projects across all major platforms and languages
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver features to deadlines
- Create and assist with code reviews
- Take ownership of systems and features
- Mentor and guide more junior team members
- Line Manage Junior and mid-level programmers.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility
- A can-do attitude
- A passion for games and game development.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 7 years’ experience working in a programming position
- Fluent in multiple programming languages including C/C++
- Relevant experience as a team leader.
- Excellent Problem-solving
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Be open-minded Work both autonomously and proactively
- Experience in games development and passion for games
- A technical bias, with an interest in getting stuck-in to difficult problems every day
- A working understanding of object-oriented development
- Experience working with game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- A University qualification in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or the equivalent in experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactively update job knowledge
- The ability to debug unfamiliar code.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Low-level experience working with rendering technology such as DirectX or OpenGL
- Experience developing rendering technology such as a shadowing, reflections, depth of field, etc.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t:
- 22 Days Holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Hours
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun, and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Employee Share Scheme
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Assistance and Support with Re-Location to the Area
APPLY NOW VIA THE BUTTON BELOW – IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES, PLEASE EMAIL: [email protected]
Please note we are actively hiring and interviews will be held by video call.
For this opportunity, we are ideally looking for candidates looking for a studio based or hybrid working arrangement (splitting time between the studio and working from home). We will consider fully remote workers too for this opportunity.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Not a problem – please apply. At d3t we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace and culture. If this opportunity excites you but your current skills or past experience don’t align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles within our team.
Apply NowPlease contact us with your application.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.