d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is growing, and we are now looking for an Lead Programmer to join the expanding Programming Team. We can offer plenty of variety and involvement as our studio is part of the Keywords Studios Group and we work on multiple exciting projects at any one time,
We are based in Runcorn, Cheshire and offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are incredibly passionate about what we do! We pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work 2021’, in addition to other years, by gamesindustry.biz
THE DAILY LIFE OF A LEAD PROGRAMMER AT d3t:
- Write, update and maintain new and existing projects across all major platforms and languages
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver features to deadlines
- Create and assist with code reviews
- Take ownership of systems and features
- Mentor and guide more junior team members
- Line Manage Junior and mid-level programmers.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility
- A can-do attitude
- A passion for games and game development.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 7 years’ experience working in a programming position
- Fluent in multiple programming languages including C/C++
- Relevant experience as a team leader.
- Excellent Problem-solving
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Be open-minded Work both autonomously and proactively
- Experience in games development and passion for games
- A technical bias, with an interest in getting stuck-in to difficult problems every day
- A working understanding of object-oriented development
- Experience working with game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- A University qualification in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or the equivalent in experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactively update job knowledge
- The ability to debug unfamiliar code.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Low-level experience working with rendering technology such as DirectX or OpenGL
- Experience developing rendering technology such as a shadowing, reflections, depth of field, etc.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t:
- 22 Days Holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Hours
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun, and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Employee Share Scheme
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Assistance and Support with Re-Location to the Area
APPLY NOW – SEND US YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER/PORTFOLIO TO [email protected]uk.
Please note interviews will be held by video call. We currently have the majority of the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is safe and appropriate to do so, we will be returning to the studio which is based in Runcorn, Cheshire.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.