Lead QA Tester
THE d3t STUDIO
d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is part of the Keywords Studios Group, and is continuing to grow as we work on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
Our studio is based near Runcorn in Cheshire, and we offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are incredibly passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz including 2021 and 2022. In addition, we recently won ‘Best Creative Service Provider‘ at Develop 2022.
Projects that we have worked on include; Hogwarts Legacy, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Alan Wake Remastered, Mafia II: Definitive Edition, Assetto Corsa Competizione, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and more.
THE ROLE - Lead QA Tester
Our successful studios and QA Team are growing, and we are looking for a Lead QA Tester to join the team based in Runcorn (d3t) or Gateshead (Coconut Lizard).
We work with very high-profile clients on amazing game titles and are looking for a Lead QA Tester to join our QA department. The focus of this role is to drive excellent support for our clients, as well as to the rest of the internal development team.
- Drive execution of all testing including creation of detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases based on development milestones for given projects.
- Provide continuous quality assurance support to the development team throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) along with coordinating test coverage at the right stages in the project including minor and major development milestones.
- Administration of daily/weekly tasks to QA team to ensure thorough test coverage.
- Regular interaction with project leads to provide reporting of QA involvement and to maintain good knowledge of key project developments.
- Review capacity of the team relating to the scope of the project.
- Chair monthly QA project assessment meetings.
- Maintain project documentation in QA teams Confluence.
- Lead communications with external teams on all areas of test coverage and act as point of contact.
- Coordinates all test functions both internally and externally.
- Track quality assurance metrics and create reports to share with project leads and clients.
- Line management of multiple associate/mid-level team members – setting objectives and running appraisals to aid their career progression, along with providing personal support.
- Assistance in recruitment of new QA department members.
- Carry out or delegate triage of incoming issues from both internal and external teams.
- Subject matter expert on many gameplay systems and therefore give detailed advice and guidance on how systems should perform based off client expectations, industry standards and personal subject matter expertise.
- Collaborate with QA team to identify areas of risk to QA requirements and plan for any risk to project deliverables.
- Advise the test team and wider development team on process decisions and test requirements during the SDLC to ensure intelligent coverage is gained and understood by all functions to best mitigate risk.
- Communicate the test remit to team members.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback using consideration of end user experience from discussions with wider QA team.
- Define standardisation of test reporting and provide tailored test process results where required.
- Subject matter expert in all aspects of the project and imparts that knowledge into the team to set the standard.
- Continually improve the understanding of test principles through research and investigation and impart that knowledge to the team.
- Be the main point of contact for the team internally to escalate any issues or concerns with the project and work through to resolution.
- Provide information regarding bug counts, severity and risk.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities as well as investigate best practices to improve processes.
- Use extensive platform compliance standard knowledge to utilise specialists in creation of test plans to ensure complete coverage throughout SDLC.
- Organisation of toolchains such as Jira, Confluence, build and debug tools as well as utilisation of external teams.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of previous experience in a Dev-QA position.
- A team-player with excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Proficient in the creation of quality written documentation.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Computer literacy.
- Experienced with bug tracking software and test case management systems.
- Training of lower-level team members in using new technologies and processes.
- Demonstrates pro-active approach to internal processes and workload.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding of gameplay mechanics.
- Compliance knowledge (TRC, XR’s).
- Experience of client communication.
- Experience with organisation of tasks for team members.
- Involvement in at least two full SDLC.
- Carried out testing in engine.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays + up to 5 days extra for length of service)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (including dental) & Eye Care Scheme
- Employee Share Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Tech and Bike Scheme
- Company Share Scheme
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, BBQ area, complimentary snacks to suit all dietary preferences etc.
We offer a flexible working policy – this role will be studio based with some opportunity for hybrid working.
Initial interviews will be help by video call with a second interview at the studio.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Not a problem – please apply. At d3t we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace and culture. If this opportunity excites you but your current skills or past experience don’t align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles within our team.
APPLY NOW VIA THE BUTTON BELOW – IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES, PLEASE EMAIL: [email protected]
Apply NowInterested in joining our team? Click the button below to start your application.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.