Senior Level Designer
THE d3t STUDIO
d3t and our sister studio, Coconut Lizard are at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients Our studios, part of the Keywords Studios Group, work on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
We have been established over 13 years and our studio projects have included EA SPORTS FC™ 24, Hogwarts Legacy, Dead Island 2, Sea of Thieves, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Alan Wake Remastered, Mafia II: Definitive Edition, Assetto Corsa Competizione, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and more.
Our studios are based near Runcorn, Cheshire and Gateshead, Tyne and Wear where we offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are very passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our inclusive mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz including 2021, 2022 and 2023. In addition, we won ‘Best Creative Service Provider‘ at Develop 2022 and were nominated in 2023.
THE ROLE - Senior Level Designer
Our successful studios and Design Team are growing, and we are looking for a Senior Level Designer to join the team based in either Runcorn (d3t) or Gateshead (Coconut Lizard) as we look ahead to our next projects.
- Review and feedback latest build to ensure that it conforms with the design vision and the core mechanics of the game.
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members in order to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game.
- Work alongside the design team, contributing to the game design and features to inspire and guide the other designers.
- Be part of the senior Design leadership; mentor others, bring your experience to bear, and help steer the department’s direction.
- Communicate with clients to ensure all parties have full awareness of current and projected objectives, difficulties, and deadlines.
- Take part in discussions with prospective clients regarding potential projects.
- Liaise with the Production team to assess progress towards short- and long-term objectives.
- Liaise with other discipline leads and seniors to maintain awareness of progress and impediments.
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game meets expectations.
- Promoting and building a strong cooperative culture between disciplines.
- Participate in the selection, on-boarding and mentoring of team members.
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
- Carry out all other related tasks for the department.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 6+ years in a Level Designer role on at least one AAA title.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to organize and structure your own work and that of the team (follow ups, control, schedule).
- Mentoring and developing individuals within a team.
- Client focus (internal and external).
- Thrives as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations with a flexible and professional attitude.
- Hungry to learn and expand your areas of expertise.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience supervising a Level Design Team.
- Management and planning skills, with an ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Good analytical skills.
- Scripting experience.
- Art package experience (2D or 3D).
- Good working knowledge of Unreal.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t alongside a great working environment:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays + up to 5 days extra for length of service)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (including dental) & Eye Care Scheme
- Employee Share Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Tech and Bike Scheme
- Company Share Scheme
- Yearly Game Pass Subscriptions – PlayStation, XBOX, Nintendo
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, BBQ area, complimentary snacks to suit all dietary preferences etc.
We offer a flexible working policy at our studios.
Initial interviews will be help by video call with a second interview potentially at the studio, dependent on the individual.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Not a problem – please apply. At d3t and Coconut Lizard we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace and culture. If this opportunity excites you but your current skills or past experience don’t align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles within our team.
APPLY NOW VIA THE BUTTON BELOW – IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES, PLEASE EMAIL: [email protected]
Apply NowInterested in joining our team? Click the button below to start your application.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.For Internal Use
Role Information: EN
Location: Europe, UK, Gateshead
Area of Work: Game Development
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Pattern: Hybrid, Remote, In-Office