d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is continuing to grow and we are now looking for a UI Artist to join the expanding Art Team. Our studio, part of the Keywords Studios group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
We are based in Runcorn, Cheshire and offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz.
- Create high quality 2D user interface graphical artwork, from wireframe prototypes and concepts, through to implementation in game, including bug fixing and polishing.
- Assist with concepting new ideas, exploring new techniques and refining the UI to enhance the player experience.
- Following specified art direction and working in collaboration with other departments, create beautiful icons, menus, buttons and front-end HUD graphics, and assist in both providing and implementing feedback.
- Work with the Art Director to ensure consistency between initial vision and final assets.
- Add to our library of tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the art pipeline and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues.
- Mentor Junior UI Artists and help promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- Excellent graphical artistic ability, with a clear understanding of colour theory, proportion, layout, composition and use of negative space.
- A passion for graphic design, iconography, typography and an appreciation of the importance of the UI flow and functionality.
- Very good working knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator/XD or similar for vector graphic creation.
- Good understanding of various other tools used in game development and experienced in using current game editors such as Unreal or Unity.
- Good communication and organisation skills and confident working as part of a multidisciplinary art team.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks, and a hunger to learn and improve as a UI Artist.
- Flexible and calm approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints.
- Passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques and emerging UI/UX trends.
- Experience of working within game development for at least 1 year.
- At least one published title.
- Experience in Figma / Adobe XD or similar prototyping tool and After Effects.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t:
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area.
APPLY NOW – SEND US YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER/PORTFOLIO TO [email protected].
Please note we are actively hiring through the Covid-19 pandemic. Interviews will be held by video call. We have the majority of the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is safe to do so, we will be returning to the studio. This position will be studio based in Runcorn, Cheshire.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.