d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is continuing to grow and we are now looking for a VFX Artist to join the expanding Art Team. Our studio, part of the Keywords Studios group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
We are based in Runcorn, Cheshire and offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz.
- Follow art direction or concepts to produce beautiful visual effects in varying art styles
- Create high quality visual effects, from prototype through to implementation in game, including bug fixing and polishing, and assisting with concepting new ideas and exploring new techniques
- Create clean and efficient systems, with an awareness of what is required for optimal performance.
- Add to our library of tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the VFX art processes and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues.
- Mentor junior VFX Artists and help promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- Excellent artistic ability exhibited through a portfolio/showreel, demonstrating a range of 2D and 3D real time game VFX.
- An understanding of timing, weight, physical behaviour and motion physics.
- An understanding of current visual effects trends and technologies and a passion for innovation.
- Proficient in Maya/Max, Photoshop, Substance and After Effects.
- Experience in bespoke VFX software such as Houdini, UE4’s Cascade or Niagra, Unity’s Shuriken, PopcornFX, FumeFX or Ember Gen.
- Experience of various tools and game engines currently used in game development.
- Good communication and organisation skills and happy working as part of a multidisciplinary art team.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving and an ability to take art direction effectively.
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks, and a hunger to learn and improve as a VFX artist.
- Flexible and calm approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints.
- Passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques.
- Experience of working within VFX development for at least 1 year.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t:
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area.
APPLY NOW – SEND US YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER/PORTFOLIO TO [email protected].
Please note we are actively hiring through the Covid-19 pandemic. Interviews will be held by video call. We have the majority of the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is safe to do so, we will be returning to the studio. This position will be studio based in Runcorn, Cheshire.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.