d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is part of the Keywords Studios Group, and is continuing to grow as we work on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
Our studio is based near Runcorn in Cheshire, and we offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are incredibly passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz including 2021 and 2022. In addition, we recently won ‘Best Creative Service Provider‘ at Develop 2022.
Projects that we have worked on include; LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Alan Wake Remastered, Mafia II: Definitive Edition, Assetto Corsa Competizione, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and more.
THE ROLE - Graphics Programmer
The Graphics Programmer is going to be a key part of our growing Programming Team. We work with very high-profile clients on amazing game titles and so the quality of the Graphical Programming is critical to satisfying and retaining their loyalty.
- Design and program graphics engine components and shaders for PC and next generation consoles.
- Create clean, efficient and well tested code.
- Participate in the full development cycle of console and PC games starting from basic prototypes through to release.
- Collaborate with other engineers as well as game designers, artists and QA on a number of studio projects.
- Additional responsibilities and projects may be assigned as and when required.
- We are looking for a confident individual with a can-do attitude and an ability to communicate at all levels.
- You must be able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility within the workplace.
- A passion for games and game development is a must, alongside an enthusiasm and interest in current render tech and lighting methods.
- A self-motivated individual with excellent critical thinking skills and an eye for detail.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ programming languages.
- Strong knowledge of HLSL/GLSL shader programming languages.
- Experience in GPU debugging and graphics bug fixing.
- Experience writing lighting shaders.
- Experience of rendering hardware and implementing some modern rendering techniques e.g. screen-space post-processing effects, ambient occlusion, shadows, reflections, modern specular lighting reflectance models.
- Excellent 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math).
- Deep knowledge and first-hand experience with modern graphics APIs (e.g. DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan).
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of working with large code base projects (2+ years).
- Excellent written and spoken English.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in GPU profiling and optimisation.
- Experience working in a PBR material workflow and general understanding of texture authoring requirements.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t:
- 22 Days Holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Hours
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun, and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Employee Share Scheme
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Assistance and Support with Re-Location to the Area
APPLY NOW VIA THE BUTTON BELOW – IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES, PLEASE EMAIL: [email protected]
Please note we are actively hiring and interviews will be held by video call.
For this opportunity, we are ideally looking for candidates looking for a studio based or hybrid working arrangement (splitting time between the studio and working from home). We will consider fully remote workers too for this opportunity.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Not a problem – please apply. At d3t we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace and culture. If this opportunity excites you but your current skills or past experience don’t align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles within our team.
Apply NowInterested in joining our team? Click the button below to start your application.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.