d3t are a successful and growing video game software specialist. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Graphics Programmer to join our growing team […]
d3t are a successful and growing video game software specialist. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Graphics Programmer to join our growing team based in Runcorn, Cheshire. We offer work-for-hire software development services to the games industry.
As our studio, part of the global Keywords Studios group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time, we can offer plenty of variety and involvement. We work with high-profile clients on amazing game titles and look for the best talent out there in the industry. Producing top quality work is critical to satisfying and retaining our client’s loyalty.
We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz Our studio offers an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment and culture. In line with this, there is the opportunity for this role to offer partial or full ‘working from home’ potentially, dependent on the individual and the project requirements.
THE ROLE – SENIOR GRAPHICS PROGRAMMER
This role is ideal for a Senior Graphics Programmer who has a passion for researching and developing beautiful, modern rendering techniques and implementing them across a range of graphics APIs including DX12 and Vulkan. On a typical day you will:
- Design and program graphics engine components and shaders for PC and next generation consoles.
- Work with our super-creative and talented art team to research and develop rendering techniques to achieve visual targets.
- Research and develop cutting edge techniques to make the games we work on look more appealing and impressive. Implement these features in everything from UE4 to bespoke AAA game engines.
- Create clean, efficient and well tested code.
- Participate in the full development cycle of console and PC games starting from basic prototypes through to game release.
- Collaborate with other engineers as well as game designers, artists and QA on a number of studio projects.
- Additional responsibilities and projects may be assigned as and when required.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ programming languages.
- Strong knowledge of HLSL/GLSL shader programming languages.
- Experience in GPU debugging and graphics bug fixing.
- Experience writing lighting shaders.
- Experience of rendering hardware and implementing some modern rendering techniques e.g. screen-space post-processing effects, ambient occlusion, shadows, reflections, modern specular lighting reflectance models.
- Excellent 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math).
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with modern graphics APIs (e.g. DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan).
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience in GPU profiling and optimisation.
- Experience working in a PBR material workflow and general understanding of texture authoring requirements.
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of working with large code base projects (2+ years).
- We are looking for a confident individual with a can-do attitude and an ability to communicate at all levels.
- A passion for games and game development is a must, alongside an enthusiasm and interest in current render tech and lighting methods.
- A self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t…
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Studio Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Branded Merchandise
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area.
APPLY NOW – SEND US YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER/PORTFOLIO.
Please note we are actively hiring through the COVID-19 pandemic. We have the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is safe to do so, we will be returning to the studio. This position will be studio based in Runcorn, Cheshire.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.