d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is growing, and we are […]
d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is growing, and we are now looking for an Associate Technical Artist to join the expanding Art Team. Our studio, part of the Keywords Studios group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
We are based near Runcorn in Cheshire and we offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz.
THE ROLE – ASSOCIATE TECHNICAL ARTIST
The Associate Technical Artist will be a key part of our growing Art Team. We are looking for a creative problem solver to support both the art and animation team requirements, assisting with resolving technical issues, streamlining workflows, improving performance and creating toolsets.
We work with very high-profile clients on amazing game titles and the Technical Artist will get to work on a wide variety of projects, raising the bar of the art productivity and efficiency, and therefore helping us satisfy and retain their loyalty.
- Help to establish and maintain project art pipelines from inception and throughout the project life-cycle.
- Assist with creating and integrating in-house toolsets and be involved in creating materials/shaders.
- Help to ensure all artwork hits memory and frame rate guidelines/restrictions by means of performance profiling.
- Collaborate with the artists and feedback on how they can improve the performance of the in-game assets while maintaining visual fidelity.
- Help to ensure all artwork adheres to guidelines regarding naming conventions, texture layering structures etc.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the art team.
- Add to our library of tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the art pipeline and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues.
- Advise Tech Art Leads of resourcing concerns and productions risks.
- Enjoy the technical challenge and constraints of real-time game art and have some understanding of modern rendering, shading and lighting techniques.
- Must be performance and quality focused.
- Must have a working knowledge of Maya and/or 3DS Max and some knowledge in Python.
- Good communication and organisation skills and enthusiasm for working within a multidisciplinary art team.
- Ability to create materials/shaders and an understanding of a PBR workflow.
- Good understanding of the technical limitations of current console hardware.
- Practical and methodical approach to technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks, and a hunger to learn and improve as a Technical Artist.
- Flexible and calm approach with the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints.
- Knowledge of current game development practices and terminology and a passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques.
- MEL and/or Maxscript knowledge is advantageous.
- Knowledge of the Maya API and programming in C++ or C# is advantageous
- Some understanding of various other tools and software used in development, Photoshop, Substance, Houdini etc is also advantageous.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine or Unity is advantageous.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t:
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area.
APPLY NOW – SEND US YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER/PORTFOLIO TO [email protected].
Please note we are actively hiring through the Covid-19 pandemic. Interviews will be held by video call. We have the majority of the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is safe to do so, we will be returning to the studio. This position will be studio based in Runcorn, Cheshire.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.