d3t are a successful and growing video game software specialist. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Programmer to join our growing team based in Runcorn, Cheshire. We offer work-for-hire software development services to the games industry.
As our studio, part of the global Keywords Studios group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time, we can offer plenty of variety and involvement. We work with high-profile clients on amazing game titles and look for the best talent out there in the industry. Producing top quality work is critical to satisfying and retaining our client’s loyalty.
We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz. Our studio offers an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment and culture.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels.
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility.
- A can-do attitude.
- An interest in both games and business software.
- Ability and willingness to support junior programmers as required.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
In a typical day this role would involve:
- Looking at code reviews submitted by other team members.
- Rendering bugs with an OpenGL to DirectX port.
- Working on a memory allocator for a console title.
- Help junior coders working on other aspects of the title such as input, save games etc, and would be responsible for ensuring they had clear direction in the way they can tackle projects.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a programming position.
- Experience shipping games or apps from inception to completion.
- Fluent in multiple programming languages including C/C++.
- A technical bias, with an interest in getting stuck-in to difficult problems every day.
- Experienced and confident working on low-level code in areas such as physics, rendering, memory management, networking etc.
- Experience working in multiple programming languages.
- Experience working with in-house or commercial game engines.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Just some of the many offered by d3t…
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area.
APPLY NOW – SEND US YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER/PORTFOLIO TO [email protected].
Please note we are actively hiring through the Covid-19 pandemic. Interviews will be held by video call. We have the majority of the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is safe to do so, we will be returning to the studio. This position will be studio based in Runcorn, Cheshire.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.