d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and we deliver truly ground-breaking projects for our A-list clients. We offer work-for-hire software development services to the technology sector, adding value to games, business software or apps. And as a successful and growing business based in Runcorn Cheshire we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals. We offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. Our anti-crunch mentality and mentoring ethos bring out the best in our team.
The Technical Artist bridges the gap between the artists and programmers. Their responsibility is to ensure the art content and features are easily created and integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility
- A can-do attitude
- An interest in both videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Ability and willingness to support junior programmers as required
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with artists and programmers to create high quality artwork and integrate it into the engine
- Support artists and programmers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and engine tools
- Provide hands-on support to artists and programmers in regard to asset performance, quality and validation
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Collaborate with programmers and QA to diagnose and resolve in-game issues.
- Minimum 1 year experience in an art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry
- 2−3 years of experience as an artist in the game industry
- Professional experience as a technical artist.
- Expert in modelling and art tools (Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in a full art content creation pipeline
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent artistic skills
- Ability to work with technical documentation
- Experience developing custom tools for art packages (Maya, 3Ds Max, etc.)
- Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus (e.g. Unreal Engine.)
- Some knowledge of high level coding language. (Python, MaxScript, Perl, C#, etc.)
- Experience with shader development in a 3D modelling package (e.g. 3Ds Max) and/or game engine (e.g. Unreal Engine.)
- The ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.